1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic 3.1 vs. messiah

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HanksAB, Feb 29, 2004.

1. HanksAB

HanksAB Guest

OK guys, I'm ready to buy a mod chip right now, after some research I'm still undecided on the best modchip to purchase. EasyBuy2000.com has the Magic 3.1 for $19 with free shipping, sounds like a good deal. Or is the Magic V that much better, or is the DMS3 V2.0 and DMS3 V9/V10 ModChip from ModChip.com for $69 the best option since it covers all PS2 consoles V1-V10, (just in case my PS2 fails and I buy a new PS2 I could use that modchip). Ny current PS2 is SCPH-39001 which I think is a V7, can someone verify that just to make sure??? I have several burning softwares like Nero 6 Ultra, RecordNow DX (came bundled with my Sony Vaio), DVD decrypter, and Roxio, all software is 100% legit and licensed. I think after reading several post I will be using Nero for DVD and CD's, since it never failed me in copying music CD's and movie DVD's. Any good advice and/or input is greatly appreciated. Installation should not be a problem since I have experience in electronics and wiring. Last thing any websites to avoid when purchasing modchips?? Thanks!!!

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

yes thats a v7. i also hav a v7 with a magic 3.1 and it works great. i recommend gettin a magic v or DMS3 so you dont hav to worry about double check games. but i dont think that should be a problem since there isnt that many double check games out there. i, myself have about 25 games and never ecountered with any double check games. i think they stopped makin those games. if you want to be able to play mp3, divX, etc. then get the DMS3. if not just get the magic v for cheaper. but if you decided to get the magic 3.1, i'll sell you my extra one for $15. and for which sites to avoid, try to avoid gocybershop.com cause many people in here complain about them alot. i order my chip from mod-chip.com and they send it in 1 week with all wires for the installation. they also reply all my emails.

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I briefly read through the posts and can I suggest getting a DUO mod. less wires ,no problems with double check games and it's also not very expensive.

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

no...DO NOT get a magic 3.1 in a v7!!...it has problems with some double check games...your best option would be the dms3 although if u are not up to spending that much the magic V it a very good chip and reliable. there are 2 dms3 chips one for v1-v8 and one for v9 and v10