1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 want HD Advance

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by dontbugme, Jan 12, 2005.

1. dontbugme

dontbugme Member

Hello. I have a Magic 3.1 modchip in my version 7 PS2.

I have an HDD w/ a 160GB HD that I want to run games from.

I am interested in installing the MC exploit for HDAdvance.

*BUT* ive been unable to boot a HDAdvance backup. Ive tried creating an exploit disk (based on this method (http://www.maxconsole.com/?mode=comments&newsid=2387&start=7) with files obtained here (http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=downloads.html).

Im unsure if my problem relates to my burning methodology, my CDR(CDRW) media, my HD (looks fine when running the setup disk supplied w/ the HDD), bad modchip (paid for install today - have no backups to try), or something else.

My goal is to have the HDAdvance running so games run off HD. I had got the modchip so that I could install an HDAdvance MC Exploit.

Can anyone please provide some direction?
    THANKS IN ADVANCE!

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

if you have a magic3.1 there's no point to using the mc exploit. maybe you have a bad backup of hdadvance or maybe your modchip isn't work. Try booting a game backup to make sure your modchip works.

3. baba123

baba123 Member

Yes, your right, no point in using the exploit. I can simply swap the disks.

Id be happy to be able to do that. I have had *zero* luck burning discs.

Ive dloaded various exploits, run titleman -a SOME_###.## a dozen times. Ive tried ps2os images -- nothing but coasters.

Is the PS2 picky about media? I would really like to find a *iso or bin/cue of HD Advance 2.0 that I could easily burn.

Any advice --- Anyone? Ive got a HDD w/ 160GB hd and Magic 3.1 in my version 7 console.

I would like to be able to (eventually) use FTP to put games on the HD -- but i cant even get a proper disc burnt.

someone please take pitty on me... :)

4. baba123

baba123 Member

Is it possible to make a 'bootable' CDRW to run a random app? Any PS2 program?