1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.1 wont play PS1 Copies

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spoonx0r, Apr 17, 2003.

1. spoonx0r

spoonx0r Member

I just installed my Magic 3.1 in my V7 PS2. As far as I can tell everything works fine, PS2 CD copies work fine and all original PS1 & PS2 games and movie DVDs work fine but I cant get it to load any PS1 copies. I hold the reset while starting like you're supposed to to boot PS1 games and I can get the disk to show up in the browser but then when I select it to load the screen goes blank and then comes right back to the browser. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks for the help.

2. j2huggar

j2huggar Regular member

What games are you attempting to load up? Some of the ps1 games actually have good protection on them. Also to my knowledge the S point is where the boot code is send from the magics for the ps1 copies, so you could open your box up and make sure you have a good connection.

3. spoonx0r

spoonx0r Member

Thanks for the advice. I was trying to copy Gran Turismo 2 and I finally got it to load. Turns out for whatever reason my cd drives couldnt read the originals correctly to make the image so I had to read the original with my burner and it worked.