1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3 , 3.1 , 3.5 ?! EH?!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LoLyGaggr, Dec 31, 2002.

1. LoLyGaggr

LoLyGaggr Guest

I was thinking about getting the Magic 3 for some time now, but the more I read and waited, the more confusing it got. Now I dont know what the original chip is, or if its a carbon copy.

Is 3.5 the copy?

And out of all the Magic chips, (original or copy) which is the best one to get??

THANX

2. iats2001

iats2001 Member

that 3.5 was never released by the origional makers of the magic chips, china-magic.
    3.5 is magic 3.0 with a clip on it, or a clone.
    Whatever it is, it's not official.

3.1 is the newest magic chip, get a clip with it and you have a magic "3.6"

3. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

This is just copy/paste from an e-mail I sent out, ignore if it sounds like I'm selling something.

[...]The main chips you want to focus on with quality/price taken into consideration are the Messiah 2, Magic 3, Magic 3.1, and Magic 3.5, the order does not imply that one is newer than the other. I do not sell the Messiah chip because I was never a fan of the original, nor do I agree with their high prices. The Magic 3 was released before the Messiah 2 in the race for a fully no-swap chip with newer and better features, but it had some bugs, so I won't discuss it. The Magic 3.1 has been released because of the 3.0's problems. The new features are that it is network adapter ready, DVD9 ready, and has a sleep function. The 3.5 is a clone of the 3.0 and has some of the problems it had as well, we don't sell it simply because it's a clone[...]

4. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

I think you may have been the one I e-mailed ironically.

5. iats2001

iats2001 Member

sleep function?
    How???
    I just installed 2 magic 3.1's and...sleep function? explain please!

6. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

They go to sleep by themselves.

7. LoLyGaggr

LoLyGaggr Guest

Is 3.1 rare to find? I cant seem to find it anywhere. I keep finding Magic 3's. If you have ordered the 3.1 can u tell me the site?

THANX

8. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

I sell them for $45 shipped. They're not rare, www.modchip.ca has them for like 55-60 + shipping.

9. boy141

boy141 Member

i like

mods4less.com

10. LoLyGaggr

LoLyGaggr Guest

If u order from www.modchip.ca the Magic 3.1 do it come with the wires and solder?

"BONUS OFFER - free pre-cut, pre-stripped, color coded wires, Multicore Crystal 400 hair Solder and Multicore No-Clean Desolder Wick.
    Our Installation bonus makes the install much easier! (Bonus Offer is a $20.00 Value FREE)"

Just wanna make sure...

11. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Well that bonus offer you copied clearly states that you do get that stuff. That's the same stuff you get from me if you request it, and that's not a $20 value, it's more like a $5 value. For $48 you get all that stuff from us, and I think I've heard mods4less actually does sell clones?

12. Mr.MCSE

Mr.MCSE Guest

Why don't you ask Supleh2? He sells those chips cheaper than modchip.ca :)

13. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Indeed I do :). When you go through life think of Bonuses as extra crap people give you because it's worth nothing to them.

14. BIG_JOHN

BIG_JOHN Guest

Supleh2 ARE THE MODCHIPS AT modchip.ca clones plz tell me becaues i already odered one and i hope its real

15. j2huggar

j2huggar Regular member

modchip.ca doesn't sell clones, actually they pride themselves on not selling clones and will give you advice on how to find out if you ordered a clone from a different website. Clones usually work just as good as the china-magic chips anyway. (LoLyGaggr: Its then, not than)

16. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Exactly like J2 said, modchip.ca does not sell clones, that's why they have that giant clone identification guide.

17. BIG_JOHN

BIG_JOHN Guest

ty
    where would i find instructions to install a magic3 with an added v4 gap rom chip and i got a few othere questions
    1.how do you copy dvd moveis (when i tryed on my dvd burner it say it was copyrighted and didnt copy) do i need nero?
    2. is the magic 3 that modchip.ca good or is it fake?
    3.what are the best brand of Dvd+r/+RW for copying Ps2 games

18. BIG_JOHN

BIG_JOHN Guest

OH SRY DONT ANWSER Question 2 LOL