1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.6 and v4 gap bios - Help! dont want to use the clip!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by onesaint, Jun 17, 2003.

1. onesaint

onesaint Guest

Hello all. Ive got a V4 gap bios system with a magic 3.6 i purchased from modchip.com (first problem). i installed it with the bios clip and it worked fine till i moved it. so after numerous attempts to make the clip fit correctly i have decided to just solder the wires to the motherboard. here's the problem, I've searched and have not been able to find a place that shows how to wire the chip directly to the bios/board without the clip. i have found plenty of images for the Magic 3 & 3.1 that leave 3 wires unaccounted for. these wires are diagramed on the Magic 3.6 to be ground. but were to place them on the motherboard near the bios? or anywhere for that matter. any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Bootney

Bootney Guest

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I am sorta in the same boat. I also got a 3.6 from Modchip.com for my V4 but my installer damaged the bios clip. If you are not going to use yours and it still good I would be willing to purchase it from you.