1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.6 Disc Read Error

Discussion in 'PS2' started by netpest, Apr 14, 2003.

1. netpest

netpest Member

Plz help. Installed magic 3.6 checked all connections. done one before. Getting Disc Read Error, Has anyone had this beofre and give me a hint where to start looking.

Cheers

2. cozmo2

cozmo2 Member

What version unit? Is it loading anything? If the chip is a magic 3.6 with the clip, then it is the clip most of the time. I have to clip and re-clip for about 15 - 20mins to get those to work. I prefer soldering to the bios legs. Try loading a ps1 game, if it works, the chip is fine and start looking at the bios points, and the w point.

3. Ikanbebek

Ikanbebek Member

I have the same problem,
    i've just installed the magic 3.6 on my v5/6 unit.
    it only play audio cd and ps 1 game, but didn't play dvd , ps2 and ps1 back up.
    is it the clip? or is it any relation with the laser? or anything else? thank you

4. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

I also have magic 3.6 on a ps2 ver7, i had that same problem, its the clip u guys you need to press on it really hard, until it stays where it suppose to, and then test the pin connections. I did and now it works just fine. I can play ps1 back ups- ps2 dvd-r and ps2 cd-r back ups, DVD movie back ups and originals.

Cheers.