1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3 freezing problems - seeking personal opinions:

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chibiniko, Mar 2, 2003.

1. chibiniko

chibiniko Member

Thanks in advance to everyone who's going to take the time to read through this post and answer my questions.

Okay, here's the deal: I got a Magic 3 installed professionally in my PS2 (and I'm fairly certain it's not 3.1), it boots games perfectly fine and I didn't have any problems besides the occasional freezing (which only seems to happen when the game is loading, too, hardly happens during gameplay).

So I contacted the people who installed the chip on my PS2 again and described my problems, they offered to install an additional capacitor to fix the problem. I got my PS2 back, it seemed to work fine, but I still get occasional freezing problems. :(

Now I was wondering, is there an ultimate way to fix this problem?

Also, does the Magic 3 have a Sleep and/or Stealth mode, if so, how can I activate/test it?

I know next to nothing about modchips, so excuse the next newbie question: If I wanted to get a different chip installed on my PS2 in the future, is it possible to remove the old one and do that?

And lastly, what are your personal suggestions? Any easy way to fix it, get a new chip or what? Again, I'm totally unknowing in this field, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

first off no the 3.0 does not have a sleep function

if you want this there is a switch that you can buy just search google for this

or if you wnated to spend more money you could buy a 3.1 and just take out the old chip and resolder in the new one because they have the same connections

If I were you I would fine the switch and get it installed --I would go with the switch becuse it has a one minute delay where as the magic 3.1 turns off after boot up so for games like deuce x that require the boot code after initial boot up you can still play them plus it will cost you less

Last edited: Mar 2, 2003
  3. ric2kus

ric2kus Member

where can you get the switch, Is there anybody that actually have a switch???

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member