1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic 3 giving red screen with everything including originals

Discussion in 'PS2' started by __raven__, Feb 19, 2003.

1. __raven__

__raven__ Member

me again well my v4 ps2 with a magic 3 is not working.when igot it back one of the wires wasn't reattached like it was supposed to be.before i knew that it played games just fine just not my back-ups.so i opened it and fixed the soldering (no burns or melting perfect solder)but now it won't play anything i put into it all i get is the red screen.i'm going to remove the wire again to see if i can play my games again but i need to know what to do.please help. thanx

2. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

You may want to check if the laser lens is clean or scratched. I have heard stories about bad mod chip instillations forcing the laser into the CD! I would try a CD/DVD laser cleaning CD first. Who knows perhaps the lens got some dirt on it. =/

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

a red screen means there is a chip error with magic chips!

4. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Your chip is most likely fine. When what you described happens, it usuaally means the DVD controller points are mixed up. Those points are, b,c,h,g,i,w,a, and d. Check all those points.

5. __raven__

__raven__ Member

thanx point D was off now i'm waiting for the soldering iron to heat up.hopefully this will work.wish me luck. (((fingers crossed)))