1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3 installation in a V9 console

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dp21, Apr 25, 2005.

1. dp21

dp21 Member

I got a Magic 3.1 chip from easybuy.com and I am trying to install it in a Version 9 (SCPH-50010/N date 3C) and i can't find any diagrams on how to install it, they seem to have stopped at version 7. Is this chip installable in my console? please help

2. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

hey i looked around a little to see what i could find and so far by what i have found out that this chip only works up to the 8th vershion sorry about that ? hey wright to that site you got it from and ask them if you could mail it back and use it as credit toward a chip that goes with your ps2 version

3. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

dp21 why dont u just use swap magic boot dics. They are cheaper and easer to use.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

How can the swap discs be easier to use? With a chip, you don't have to do anything but insert your backup. With the swap discs, you have to swap them out, rebuild or patch some of the newer games, use cd loaders, etc.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

i agree with bhetrick
    They may be cheaper, and they work just fine. But a mod chip is a world better than Swap Magic.

6. dp21

dp21 Member

what would be a good chip to get, preferably compatible for all versions and not too expensive? I usually order from easybuy2000.