1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3 Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by johnsb32, Jan 1, 2003.

1. johnsb32

johnsb32 Member

Installed the chip. When I turn on the unit it takes a LONG time for the door to open. Put the disk in, you see the ps logo and the ps2 logo then the setup screen comes and asks for the language and time...ect. Then the screen comes up with the choice of the disk or memory card. I choose the disk and it goes black...then comes back to that screen. Anybody with some suggestions??

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

ouch, sounds like a bad chip. where u get it? are you sure it was installed correctly??

3. johnsb32

johnsb32 Member

probably installed incorrectly. I have the 30001 v2 board. And everywhere I looked i keep getting the same diagram but it dosnt match my board with the "s" wire. Everyhing else is cool. So I tired first without the wire at all and everything worked ok except the backup games. "couldnt read disk" So I tried hooking up the s wire to a spot that was in the general area of the s wire on the diagram and thats what happend. Just disconnected the whole chip and Im back to normal.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Probably best until you know for sure!

5. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

It was just a bad install, the S wire has nothing to do with playing PS2 backups.