1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3 vs Magic 3.5 - DVD9???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by freakyg, Dec 19, 2002.

1. freakyg

freakyg Member

I'm trying to figure out what mod chip I should buy. I've come across both the Magic 3 and 3.5 versions and I have no idea if either of these are real chips.

Also, on different sites, these chips are said to support the DVD9 games. I'm new to mods and would really like some honest help.

Please let me know which chip to get, and what place has a good reputation to buy from.

Thank you.

2. hectikkk

hectikkk Member

From my research I think the 3.5 is better as it requires less soldering. But I'm not sure which one is real or fake. I think its the blue chip from www.mod-chip.com or www.modchip.com. It costs $10 more then the magic 3.

I'm looking to purchase a mod chip myself, but I wonder if these places are trustworthy. Has neone bought a chip from these sites? If they have can someone out there respond! Much appreciated. I'm in Australia so its a far way away so they might run away with my money!

3. freakyg

freakyg Member

Yesterday, right after I posted, my friend and I purchased a Magic 3 with the clip for a version 6 PS2. www.modchip.ca They called us 2 hours after the order to confirm that they shipped it already. We received it this morning and begain the install. Good news is we got the chip. Bad news is we destroyed my friends PS2.

If your still looking for a site, www.modchip.ca is very fast and reliable. The magic 3 with che chip clip basicaly mods it to a magic 3.5.

4. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

What store can i get a modchip installed?

5. freakyg

freakyg Member

I'm looking for an installation store somewhere around the NY City area. Let me know if anyone has heard of one.

thanks.

6. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

The prices on modchip.ca are higher than what they should be, and they post a lot of material on their site about the quality and reliability of their chips to increase their sales. I do not live in NY, but I live on the East Coast in Georgia and I represent Bandit Backups. We specialize in modchip sales and installations. You need not fear about sending your system a "great distance" as we deal with people all over the US including places like Washington state and California. Send me a Private message. Contact me on AIM on the name Supleh2, or e-mail me at BanditBackups @ BanditBackups . com. Remove the spaces before and after @ and before and after the 1st . If me posting my address in this format is a problem let me know, however there is no other way for us to contact one another because this board doesn't seem to let us look at each other's profiles...

7. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

He has bad customer service, so don't count on a reply. I personally would not give the possibility of getting riped off.

8. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

LOL! Burnchamp has gone to every post I have spoken in and made this childish comment. He has NEVER spoken to me, nor has he EVER ATTEMPTED to do so. He doesn't know what my customer service is like at all. I gave him my e-mail addy, my AIM name, offered my phone number, and still he wouldn't even try talking to me, he's just too scared he'll hear what he likes, deep down inside he wants his PS2 to remain unmodded.

9. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

See you can tell this guy is lieing. When I'm trying to find a place to mod my ps2, i know i really don't. What a bunch of crap. I couldn't get a hold of him, but maybe you can. Don't give the chance of getting ripped off.

10. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Burnchamp, I have nothing against you at all, but I know for a fact you have not tried to contact me, if you did, you would have gotten a response the same day. E-mail me at BanditBackups @ BanditBackups . com if you are really serious. Or on AIM through the name Supleh2. Send an e-mail to phone @ banditbackups.com if you want my phone number to talk to me.

-- Jerom