1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic 3.x help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ginsuguy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. ginsuguy

ginsuguy Member

I was able to mod my ps2 with a magic 3.x mod chip, and am having problems running dvd game backups. I am able to play ps1 backups by holding the reset button to switch modes, but when using normal mode to boot ps2 backups, the disk is not read for several min. then it produces the red screen.

Has anyone had this problem before? If it is only one solder joint thats off it would be nice to know which one.

2. Xaren

Xaren Member

Have you tried different media yet? That could be the case, happened to me a couple of times

3. ginsuguy

ginsuguy Member

I have tried all forms of media. I opened the ps2 up again, and now it trys to read the game, but can't. I am going to try adjusting the lens until I get a game disk to read.

Also, is it normal for the Magic 3.1 to stop the swirling animation at the main screen? (Normally there are eight little swirling lights, I only have one non moving light, but the menu still works!)