1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic keys 1 or 3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dragon530, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Dragon530

Dragon530 Member

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

It depends what PS2 version you have. Check here. The magic keys are generally for the slim PS2s while the use of the slide card is required for the fat PS2s in order to use Swap Magic unless you order a custom flip-top for your fat PS2 or install a mod-chip to avoid using the slide card for your fat PS2 if you have one.

You can check here for the tape and tissue method that requires you to open up the slim PS2 or here on a straw and tissue method where you can basically have what the magic keys are intended for: to cover the sensors of the slim PS2 to allow you to swap disc without opening the PS2 up.

Besides, I wholeheartedly recommend doing the tissue and tape/straw mod because it allows you to close the slim PS2 unlike using the magic keys unless you tamper with some things.

3. Dragon530

Dragon530 Member

I have a v12 slim ps2. So would I only be able to use the first magic keys or could I use the magic keys 3. what kind of tampering would I have to do to get my ps2 to close wit the magic keys?

4. Dragon530

Dragon530 Member

Wait! You said that the magic keys didn't allow the ps2 lid to close. That link you gave me says it does. Anyway, would I be able to use either magic keys with a v12 slim ps2?

5. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

You'll see it's hard to close the lid because of specific keys which is key A and key C. You probably need to remove a peg under the slim PS2's lid unless yours doesn't have one because I'm basing this off my v15 slim PS2's lid structure and saw off a piece near the back of the lid to the left of the PS2's laser around the hinge.

Edit: The link I showed you requires you to open the console up. There are two set of magic keys. Key C is either a hook to hit that switch in the back of the console you see in the first link and the other Key C would be basically a box where you can snugly fit it onto of the switch BY OPENING the PS2 and placing the box on top of it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007