1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic Keys 2 problem with 2nd piece (with slimline ps2)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jeffhardy, Mar 29, 2007.

1. jeffhardy

jeffhardy Member

Okay so, I got it all working and stuff, but the 2nd piece (the one that is sitting where the cd would spin) is scratching the dvds i put in, therefore creating somewhat of a noise.

Now, this is with backups... when I seem to put my original FFX-2 JP import, it doesn't make any noise so i'm assuming it's not touching it.

Did anyone else have any problem with this second piece? it doesn't seem like its mis-shapen or anything, and it's actually pretty small... I do have a big ol' circle at the edge of one of my backups now, and it's only been inside for about 20 mins or so.

Is it just the media i'm using? or should I ask for a replacement keys (if allmodchip.com will even replace it..) or what should I do?
    What media is best to use for ps2 backups?

Thanks for the help.

2. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

thats the bit 4 the disc brake isnt it? try not using it? i dont know if the disc brake is worth it or not