1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic memory stick Update how

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by adey100, Feb 4, 2008.

1. adey100

adey100 Member

How do i update the 3.71 magic memory stick to the 3.80.mw5 or 3.90 if possible

Thanks

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

If you have a custom firmware enabled psp, the new UPMS came a couple days ago-It has DCv4 built in which will update psp's to 3.80M33-5-It also has the 1.50 kernel patch for 3.80 as well..The Installer can be found HERE

The guide I posted has also been updated, which can be found HERE

Otherwise, head over to dark-alex.org to get the newest version of the standalone pandora DCv4

In order to update, you bascially have to remake your memory stick to include the updated version.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  4. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

sorry about that dEEz_nUtz didn't see that

5. ashio83

ashio83 Guest

alright DEEZ i have just made the sapphire upms installer from the above guide and have no joy loading the menu it boots straight to xmb every single time. HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Oh yeah it works for my slim but not my fat

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

^^Thats strange..
    And you say it works ok on your slim psp though?
    Maybe you have to hold the L trigger button down a touch longer-I dont know what else to tell you.

7. ashio83

ashio83 Guest

yeah it works every time on my slim and not at all on my fat. I insert the mem stick then press and hold the l trigger then insert my pandora and the guide says wait for the menu to come up then release. Well ive held it the whole time and xmb boots???? I Have some probs with my fat uc i have tried using every version of ir shell on every cfw from 1.5 up and it freezes on the loading screen, so thats a no go too and ive used chilly willy's key cleaner and it says my id storage keys are okay, any ideas whats wrong with it??? I got it second hand with custom firmware already installed could the previous owner have messed something up thats irrepairable that i dont know about. Do you know of anything that you can permanently mess up inside the psp? Any views would be appreciated im all out of ideas with the thing. Thanks.

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Well even if your idstorage was messed up you should still be able to get something to pop up when you insert the battery and memory stick. I am not a big fan of irShell myself, it can be dangerous if not used right-

What version of cfw is your fat psp running now?

Maybe you can go the old-fashioned route and run the Recovery eboot from the recovery console to get your psp back to 1.50? And then install the custom firmware of your choosing from there..

9. ashio83

ashio83 Guest

Im on 3.80m33-5. Ive tried going that route down to 1.5 then to 3.52m33>3.52m33-2 then if i try to go to 3 or 4 it installs the update but freezes on the xmb so i have to make a 3.71m33 memory stick with totalnoob or a 3.80m33 with disinter. Ive upgraded/downgraded that many times ive been round every route i can think of and i cant work out whats wrong with the fat, the slim performs exactly how dark alex intended a slim to run cfw! So why not the FAT, IM just really stuck as to what to do with it now mate.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  10. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

i'm havin problems making the pandora/jickick combination as i'm using vista. i'm on 3.71 m33-4 at the moment, can anyone give me a sound guide foe use with vista ??

11. ashio83

ashio83 Guest

Download a program called Disinter Its a 3.80 installer for slim and fat and a 1.50 installer for for phat, it also makes pandora batteries. (make sure you back up your batteries eeprom before converting it) you do this inside the pandora installer program which is one of the files disinter puts on your psp. Follow the simple instructions exactly and you cant go wrong. Just out of interest which psp do you have and which firmware are you running?

12. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

i've got a phat psp and running 3.71 m33-4.
    i tried disinter but when i got to stage 2 : copy files, i got a big long error message popping up about strings and paths or something.

13. ashio83

ashio83 Guest

Okay then im not sure about that. why are you trying to make a mms if you are on 3.71m33-4? You can make a battery and mms with a million different programs without having to use a pc based program you only need your pc to download the psp ones. Google son! Thats how i learnt eveything i know about upgrading and downgrading etc psp's

14. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

I downgraded my nephews PSP as he was on FW 2.01 but the PSP i have has OFW 3.52 so i am trying to make the pandora combo to do mine. i am makin the battery okay but it just seems to be vista thats not writing the files correct on to the mem card. any hints on how i should go about it then ??

15. ashio83

ashio83 Guest

what make and size memory card are you using? Check if its fake by going to the game icon and pressing triangle then it will say info press that anif it says magic gate: supported ur ok if it says unknown then its a fake, it sometimes depends on ur memory cards capacity or whether its real or not.

16. xblade132

xblade132 Member

That's rediculous. 4gb stick won't work but 256mb - 2gb stick will work.

17. ashio83

ashio83 Guest

Whats rediculous? I have used my 4gb San disk mem stick and made a u.p.m.s out of that! I know everyone says 256mb-2gb but dont always beleive what you read. Some people say you cant pandora a slim batt but i have done it.

18. xblade132

xblade132 Member

Well I sure hope so. :(

And UPMS requires CFW, does it not? What guide do you recommend?

19. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

i'm using a wee half gig stick, and its real i checked. i hate vista.

20. xblade132

xblade132 Member

So if it's "real" (by it saying magicgate or w/e) then it is supported, correct? That's what I'm getting at with all of this. It could even be a 1000YB stick, right?