1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic slide

Discussion in 'PS2' started by srussell, Dec 11, 2003.

1. srussell

srussell Member

OK. I've managed to get about 80% there.
    I've used the magic slide to try and boot my Madden 2004 back up, but when I hit x all I get is a blank screen. Any help or hints would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Scott

2. d-bol

d-bol Member

are you using the slide card correctly? Make sure you use it to open the tray and never press the eject button.
    Also it may be the media you use. Some colors mean different things. Like a little blue border after you hit X means it is working.

Try to copy a different game at 1X if possible and see what happens. It maybe using another dvd but it is worth it when you get it working

3. d-bol

d-bol Member

are you using the slide card correctly? Make sure you use it to open the tray and never press the eject button.
    Also it may be the media you use. Some colors mean different things. Like a little blue border after you hit X means it is working.

Try to copy a different game at 1X if possible and see what happens. It maybe using another dvd but it is worth it when you get it working

4. srussell

srussell Member

I think I'm using it correctly, and I'm getting a blue backround, but it seems that after that, the machine stops reading the backup Madden 2004 disc. I'm using nero 5, but I will try and backup another game I guess. Thanks, and keep the ideas coming guys, it's really a lifesaver.
    Scott

5. srussell

srussell Member

Forgot to mention, I'm burning at 2.4x Is that bad or incorrect?
    Scott

6. d-bol

d-bol Member

the word around here is burn at 1x speed. I never change it and havent had any trouble

7. d-bol

d-bol Member

also I heard some of those sports games from one of the makers is harder to backup. If you are getting that blue border it seems like the disk is fine and should work. Ask around about the EA sports or what ever it is titles and coping sucess.