1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAgic Swap 3.3 whats the difference between normal, PAL, and NTSC?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sooner1, Feb 21, 2005.

1. sooner1

sooner1 Member

Please, I know Im a noob. I have an 8 screw ps2 flip top. Im running componet cables through a 51 inch sony widescreen. Any help would be greatly appreciated for booting these games. Does it matter which mode im in? Or will it only boot in certain ones?

2. darkbal

darkbal Guest

i dont know but the difference between pal n ntsc is pal games are games from europe n ntsc are games from america. but if u play pal games in an american concel then your screen will shhow the games in balck n white n your screen flickers.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

From what i read the PAL & NTSC have something to do with the lines per inch on the screens here (NTSC) and in Europe (PAL). Now i do have some of each kind that i play on my American PS2. I just change the screen settings on theload screen of Swap Magic 3.3 to what i need and the games work.
    Like 007 games i have, if i try to load it as normal, the default screen mode, it is in black and white and the screen is totally flipping out. But you can tell that the game is loading. So i switch the screen mode to PAL and it loads fine.