1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic Swap and BackUps

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Catchfire, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Catchfire

Catchfire Member

I'm new to the whole scene and i'm curious about one thing before I continue. I've purchased import games and have been able to play them using the Magic Swap Discs, but now i'm interested in playing backups and i'm curious if the Magic Swap will work. I'm getting mixed signals about the effectiveness of swap magic when it comes to playing backed up games...

Thank, anything will help.

2. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

Make a backup of one of your imports and test for yourself. No one but you can make that decision as to whether magic swap is good or not.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You shouldn't have any problems. Just be sure to use high quality discs.

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

If you want to make backed-up copies of your imports such as Tales of Destiny (remake) or Tales of Destiny 2 and such, it's quite easy. Because the way Swap Magic operates, you have to rebuild certain games if you want to play them such as Rogue Galaxy and the God of War games. As far as imports go from Japan, they're mainly less then 4 gigs and you hardly ever need to rebuild such games because of that. If you're wondering, most imports I've played run around a few gigs and hardly exceed 4; however, be careful with playing some PS2 cd-based games since you have to use a slightly different method in burning those like using Nero or Alcohol 120% instead of DVD Decryptor or IMGBurn like you would with a DVD-based PS2 game. It isn't too complicated unless you must play a particular game like the previous titles I've mentioned.