1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic swap i need some help big time please hear me out

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by neo102, Jul 14, 2007.

1. neo102

neo102 Guest

well i got magic swap 3.6 not long ago and yeah iv had no probs up to now. i back up psi ops to a dvd using dvd decrypter by doing the whole mode>iso>read then mode>iso>write. i burn it at 1x speed it works perfect. i then try an back up second sight in the exact same way same type brand of dvds and everything but it came up with 3 files an I00 a I01 and a .mdf file i was told to change the settings so it didnt split large files it worked and i finally got the file secondsight.iso i burn it at 1x and it successfully burns i load up swap magic dvd use the unloack key thing pull the tray out stick in second sight and it says not a valid ps2 disc so yeah why does psi ops work and second sight doesnt any help would be great thanks ps i also just burned area 51 the exact same way it wont work either

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2007
  2. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

Aren´t mdf, mds files to use with Alcohol 120%?
    I never tried dvd decripter, but for sure those mdf files are for Alcohol.

3. rpg2006

rpg2006 Guest

Just burn the mds,mdf files with DVD Decrypter. works 4 me thoguh.

4. neo102

neo102 Guest

how do i just do it as i do an iso file but open the mdf or mds file will this burn the whole thing

5. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

If use Alcohol 120, just follow the steps told by the program.
    When you open the folder with the game files, open whatever appears, and open it again until you get the message to burn the disc.
    Don´t forget to choose the file tipe on the bottom, and the system (playstation, ps2 etc...) on the bottom too

Don´t know if is allowed to put images (pics) on the topics, because if it was i should make you a little tutorial. I´m not sure, so i don´t until i know.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  6. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

LOL! Swap Magic can't play PS1 games!

7. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

Right!!! "Breaker Pro" must enter on the scene!!

8. neo102

neo102 Guest

its a ps2 game man second sigh by free radical the creators of the time splitters seriez and yeah i do know that swap magic dont do ps1 games thanks for the update-adds a sarcastic tone- oh yeah and also i found out that you just burn the mds file using dvd decrypter or imgburn and it burns the IO0 and the IO1 as one iso and it work but not with second sight it worked with time splitters two tho i mean i do the exact same thing as i do with all my other games and they work but wen i load up magic swap swap the discs and hit load program it says not a valid ps2 disc maybe it cant be backed up?

9. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

That one already happened with me, but not wiyh dvds.
    Just happened when i burnt in a cd more than 700MB ( you can burn about 100mb more than 700), so swap magic didn´t boot it, saying me that game wasn´t a ps2 game, but if i put it running with a modded ps2 there was no problem at all.

10. neo102

neo102 Guest

i was thinking of a mod but i have one question will a ps2 mod run import and backup ps1 games?

11. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

If you install a modchip, you get an universal ps2, as it will read all ps2 and psx games, from all zones.
    Don´t buy a cheap modchip, or you´ll regret on future.
    A good choice is "matrix infinity" latest version, as it´s not so expensive, and you can do many things with it , like play games burnt on dvd9, or use datel mcards without the booting cd for them, has also the capacity to manage all software , if you want to use HD.
    Don´t forget that is necessary to have a multisystem tv (NTSC & PAL) to get the right color from your backups. Because if you try to run a PAL game on a NTSC tv set (or vice-versa), you´ll get a wonderful black & white game pictures.
    Don´t think twice, put a damn mod on your ps2, she´ll thank you for her future easy life.

12. neo102

neo102 Guest

cheers thanx people still having troubles with second sigt backing up but i guess ill figure it out one day huh

13. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

One more advice.
    You must burn your backups, or copies, speaking more correctly, with speed around 4X or less.
    Don´t use cheap cds or dvds, because most of them will not work, or will freeze during the game.
    If you have a copy working, but not that well as you want, just copy from it to another better disc, with the lowest speed.

14. neo102

neo102 Guest

no i am burning the right way all my other backed up games work perfect start to finish not even one problem but this one burnt the exact same way doesnt play same media same program same dvd burner dvrive everything but yet it says not valid ps2 disc