1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic Swap questions?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by socom, Apr 9, 2003.

1. socom

socom Member

I know I`m new here,but I have a couple of quetions.
    #1 I have been thinking of buying the Magic Swap CD`s and a Flip Top do I need a Mod Chip or not?
    #2 I burned a copy of the Sims using Alcohol 120 and It won`t work I have been using the Gameshark swap method my question is will the Gameshark boot up the Sims or will I have to get the Magic Swap CD`s before I can play the Sims backup? I have copy two other backup copies Madden 2002 and MLB High Heat Baseball 2004 and they work fine.

2. bluntman

bluntman Member

i never got a dvd based game to boot with gameshark, but i just got swap magic and it works fine. if you buy the flip top you do not need a mod chip

3. socom

socom Member

Thank buntman for the help I don`t want to buy Magic Swap CD`s and the Flip Top If I have to buy a Mod Chip.The Sims and Madden 2002 and MLB High Heat Baseball 2004 are CD`s based game I haven`t try a DVD base game because the Gameshark is a CD`s based

4. bluntman

bluntman Member

i have a no solder mod chip (works the same as flip top) and swap magic and can boot just about all games, also check the back of the sims and other game boxes, some EA games are not silver, but still are DVD based games. I just backed up NASCAR Thunder 2003 and it was purple but still DVD

5. J_Man61

J_Man61 Guest

hi can anyone tell me if swap magic will work with a neo 2.2 soldered in mod chip
    thanks