1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic switch-problems plz help!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by bennett17, Jan 15, 2005.

1. bennett17

bennett17 Member

Im having problems with tool C i can install it, but with the lid open with tool c installed, how to you get the ps2 to read the swap magic disc, or any other real ps2 game? because with the lid open the game doesn't spin, therefore it doesn't read.

any help would be very grateful thanks

2. MotiVater

MotiVater Member

BUMP!! Same here....
    Hi,
    I recieved this item today. Parts A and B went in fine I think. I have not got a clue hit to fit part C correctly! Help!
    From the picture it seems to go between the 2 pieces of plastic that the lid pops up on but I can only push it in there a very little way. It seems it needs to be deeper but doesnt want to go any further.
    Has anyone successfully used the magic switch?

3. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

[bold]The "Magic Switch" is total rubbush[/bold] imo. I bought it last year for my slimline ps2/pstwo, when I managed to finally get it to work, it kept popping out so I had to tape it down. Also, you have to leave the door open because tool C gets in the way.
    Anyway if you havnt already heard of the [bold]"Slim-Tool"[/bold], go to the following address.

[bold]http://www.pop-uk.info[/bold]

Basically, the slimtool is an updated version of the magicswitch that clips straight in perfectly, and allows you to open and close the door as usual so your console doesnt get full of dust.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2005
  4. MotiVater

MotiVater Member

Ok, thanx 4 that.
    For the time being I've got the magic switch tho and want to at least get it working. Anyone got advice?

5. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

OK, when I finally got tool C to work, I did it by inserting it between the two plastic fins on the hinge as per the instructions, but slanting to the right.
    [​IMG]
    Once in, tape it down, because you wont be happy when it pops out in the middle of the game and your console thinks that the door has just opened!
    Hope this helps,
    Dan

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2005
  6. MotiVater

MotiVater Member

Cheers but......ARGGGHH!
    Still wont sit in properly

7. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

The best tool is FREE. Im using it.

WOnt void warrenty.

Read carefully.

Flip your ps2 slim upside down.

remove 6 screws.

flip it right back up.

do not touch the warranty sticker which is on the back.

now gently with your fingers pry the front of the top forward and up. fold open ps2 like a book. the sticker will not damage!

Grab some tape. tape down the two door sencors.

fold the top back. when its down it will seem to not close. pry it forward a bit and force it a little down. watch the from right switch board that u dont damage it.

flip it upside down and start using your smd!

note there is no need to 5tamper with the brake as the door holds it. now you can use thew ps2 eject button and swap magic will work fine. been doing this for a month now.

8. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

The magic switch is total rubbish, the slimtool is better and neater and is better than shoving blu tack in your slim ps2.and you can close your lid as well

hot new product

check it here.

www.ps2slimtool.co.uk.tc

9. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005