1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic V 50K won't boot anything...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NarutoKun, Mar 2, 2004.

1. NarutoKun

NarutoKun Member

Let me be a little more clearer because my first post was rambling. I checked many times and all solder points are clean and connections are correct:

Just finished installing Magic V 50k. First time installing, moved GND to another GND point: boots into PS2 menu, but gets black screen on booting PS2 original game and detects all inserted disc as PS2 format disc and does not run any other format disc.

Second time I reinforced GND and 3.3V with thicker gauge wire and moved GND and 3.3V to other points (GND on voltage regulator, 3.3V to 3.3V source for Mars II modchip): boot into PS2 menu and plays PS2 original game, but still detects all inserted disc as PS2 format disc and does not run any other format disc. Keeps givming me browser when the disc is not PS2 format.

Also, PS2 logo (the one in white saying Playstation 2) when first booting a game is garbled =( .

Also, I cannot get it to sleep and the operating procedures from Magic do not work with dvd movies or sleep. Please Help. Thank you.

Today, I just tried it again and it is working as it did the first time I put it back together.

2. fly_low

fly_low Member

did you shield the R wire?
    interference on the R wire throws the timing of the chip off
    if you havent already either wrap the R wire several times with another wire that is grounded
    or
    double insulate the R wire (cover it with the jacket of a bigger guage wire)
    make sure it is away from other wires

3. NarutoKun

NarutoKun Member

It now seems the R wire is the problem.

Stupid ChinaMagic operating instructions are wrong, realized eject makes it sleep. Sleep mode works fine. In PS2 mode, I usually get the RSOD and black screen after I switch between modes or turn it on after being on standby for a while. But I got it to boot originals and copies by setting cd speed to fast in the ps2 options, then resetting it. I geuss the R wire is what is causing the RSOD and black screens. I will try to fix that when I have time.