1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic v chip problem???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chicho, Oct 31, 2004.

1. chicho

chicho Member

I got a Magic v chip. Installed the chip in my playstation tripple checked my wirering everything was fine. I put the playstation the lights come on but nothing on my tv.. You can here the playstation loading but nothing comes on the tv...
    If anybody knows something that I should try or do please let me know...

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

3. account

account Guest

if the chip works in sleep mode it could be a dead modchip.

also check for solder bridges on the mnop and r wires.

to test the chip to see if it is dead simly remove the 3.3v wire and turn the system on if it boots up normally and works fine then your chip is dead.

4. chicho

chicho Member

Im going to open the playstation back up and move the R wirer away from the others and try that out to see.
    I didn't know about that. thanx
    I will let you know if it works and if not i will try testing the chip like you said.

5. chicho

chicho Member

Ive tryed to move the R wire and that didn't work and I also tryed taking the 3.3v wire to see if the chip doesn't work and still get just a black screen.
    anything else someone knows that I should try???

6. account

account Guest

since you still have the black screen you have a solder bridge somewhere on the board, take a magnifing glass and check every point.

7. chicho

chicho Member

Iv'e looked at everyone of them and still can't see nothing. Could it be that the chip is no good? Iv'e tryed disconecthing the 3.3v wire and tryed my playstation and I still get the black screen.

8. chicho

chicho Member

I tryed put the playstation on without the top on and I notice that the cd is not spinning. Does anyone know what I should try?

9. account

account Guest

if you still get a black screen with the 3.3v not connected then your chip is fine.

all that really says is that the problem is on your ps2 and has nothing to do with the modchip.

you can try taking the chip out and clean up the solder and see if that works.

and if you still cant get it to work post your problem on this sites message board http://richspsxparts.com