1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic V installation

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Xuivo, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Xuivo

Xuivo Member

I'm trying to install magic V on a v9 PS2. Everything looks fine up to now, but i cannot solds the connection at the back. The solder doesn't seem to hold. Anyone have tricks. It's wire B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I

Thanks

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You need to scrape the masking off of the contacts carefully with something like a utility knife or perhaps lightly with a wire brush but be careful not to rub too hard with a wire brush. The goals is to expose the metal in the contacts. They should look a little more shiny when you're finished.

3. SCMods

SCMods Guest

i usr a razor blade , also putting a little flux on them before you solder helps alot .

4. Gipanizer

Gipanizer Member

also where do you conect the gnd to?

5. WesleyPip

WesleyPip Member

so u just scrape around the ring or some of the green off? cause i have the exact problem and it is the only thing holdin me back from a perfect solder job.

6. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Member

Hey guys, if the solder points are soldered faulty or if there is a short, could the screen go blank? My PS2 w/ Magic V chip was playing ok for a day or two, but after a while, my screen goes blank, not even the Sony main screen comes up. I wonder what the problem is?