1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic V Load Problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MTurner13, Oct 17, 2004.

1. MTurner13

MTurner13 Member

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I searched and didn't find anything. I've got a Magic V 5k chip in a v9 PS2, and I have had problems with several PS2 games loading, even after several tries burning them. They will show the "Playstation 2" screen, but then either go blank or show a "Now Loading" screen and never go past that. Two recent ones have been Devil May Cry 2 and Katamari Damacy. Another problem is that a game will go past the "Playstation 2" screen, but then go back to the browser screen with the disk and the memory cards, and repeat this process each time you select it. An example of this one is Spiderman 2. There have been other games for each problem.

Im using Ritek G04 DVDs and have tried burning them several different ways (Decrypter, Fireburner, Blindwrite). Has anyone else had this problem or know whats going on?

Matt

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

1. Has there been a point when you weren't having these problems? - is this a new install?

2. Did you do this install yourself?

3. Are you able to load ANY games right now?

3. MTurner13

MTurner13 Member

1. This chip was installed this summer. The majority of games work perfectly, it is just a handful like the ones I listed that do not work.

2. The install was done by Norcalmods.

3. It loads most DVD and CD games perfectly. Just a few do not work.

What would make these games different from the others? Am I burning them the wrong way possibly?

4. MTurner13

MTurner13 Member

Has nobody encountered this problem before?
    Are there other burning methods that may work better?
    Is it the media I am using?
    Should I contact Norcalmods and see what they think?

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You could try Nero out or RecordNow either one of those will work perfect.Just doing a 1:1 copy will work perfectly.Another thing is to set your speed as slow as possible.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Just roll an L and pass a incent[/small]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  6. mad89

mad89 Member

i cant see that it would be a problem with the chip or your ps2, the only thing that i can think of is it being the games and how they were burnt...

i have a v5 ps2 with a messiah mod fitted and found that when burning games they need to be done SLOWLY...

a particular example of this would be spiderman 2...
    read following thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/116890/613991-201905

spiderman 2 particularly needs to be done at 1x speed...

and i would imagine this would be the case with the rest of your games...

i use dvd decrypter iso read / iso write modes and at 1x speed, with grade a princo dvd-rs...

continue to use decrypter and try the games that dont work, try burning them at 1x speed...

see how u go and send another post if you have more troubles...

7. MTurner13

MTurner13 Member

I usually make sure that I burn games at 1x, but maybe I missed a few. I'll retry them on Decrypter at 1x, and then ripping them with Decrypter and burning them with Nero at 1x also.

I want to say that even when I put Decrypter at 1x, it burns at a higher speed anyways. It says something like "actual speed" in the dialogue area. Also, does the media matter on PS2? I've used Ritek G04's almost exclusivley, should I try some Princo's?

Thanks for the help, I'll try those other methods and report back.

8. MTurner13

MTurner13 Member

I tried burning Damacy two more times last night, both still did the loading freeze. That may be because I had to use Blindwrite on that game, Decrypter would have read errors at 99%, which seems to be common.

I'll try more games this weekend using decrypter. Could it be an problem with making the original disk image?

My burner is a lite-on LWS-411 btw.

9. tkeep13

tkeep13 Member

I had something similar happen before, every game I would try to burn would only boot to the white PS2 screen then go black. I tried different speeds and different media with no luck.

Then I rebooted my PC and tried again and all the burns were good again. I figured I would mention this since it was driving me nuts and a simple reboot fixed it. (I usually leave my pc on at all times)

10. MTurner13

MTurner13 Member

Updated the firmware for the burner and tried burning a few of each type of problem. I've gotten both types to work now (Damacy and GTA:SA) so I think this fixed it. Wierd, because it was the last thing I would have thought of. I'm going to try the rest this weekend and I'm very hopeful.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. If I have any more problems, I'll post them here.

Thanks,
    Matt