1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAGIC V

Discussion in 'PS2' started by j_ripper, Jan 8, 2004.

1. j_ripper

j_ripper Member

I going to order a mod-chip soon. I have a V7 PS2 and I was doing some research. It seems like Magic V is the best one out there. Anyone have any advice or experiance with this chip. I am questioning the quality and performance before I buy one.

I am capable of installing it myself, I solder very small circuits at work everyday.

2. account

account Guest

from what i hve heard it is a really good chip i don't have one yet but i probably will get one soon enough

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

magic V sounds like a good chip, you might look into the DUO it has less solder points and functions the same way.

4. zedzed

zedzed Guest

5. j_ripper

j_ripper Member

Everyone isn't as excited as I thought about Magic V. I was hopeing for a more positive response.

What is DUO? I haven't heard of this one.

6. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

Dont know what a DUO is but I have a Magic V and it hasnt failed me yet. I have backed up several of my games including some of the newer ones and I havent had a problem yet. I highly recomend it!!

7. jisleyjr

jisleyjr Member

I have a magic V and i have had no problems with it what so ever. Boots up everything the first time, everytime.

8. egomaniac

egomaniac Regular member

Is the Magic V a better chip than the Messiah 2? I have an older Messiah chip(not Messiah 2) that i never had installed that i still want to have installed just not in my ver. 4 PS2. So i'm looking around at pre-modded PS2s and was wondering which is the best chip available now? What are the differences in the Magic V and the Messiah 2?

9. jisleyjr

jisleyjr Member

I have no idea what the difference is. i just know that the magic V has worked great for me. You could ask the place that you are looking at that sell premodded ps2's.

10. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] in my opinion i think magic v is better than messiah 2 because recently i've heard many people are havin problems with the messiah in the v9/v10 consoles.

11. DarkSoulz

DarkSoulz Guest

i have a v9 ps2 system with the magic V50k. it has treated me fine i have no problems at all only thing is that ps1 and dvds are NOT direct boot must press and hold both reset and eject for a certain order just to make them boot. if this doeas not bother you than i would suggest this it is worth the price. i got mine from www.xmodd.com good prices . but if the whole boot system does bother you i would suggest getting the dms 3.0 chip it is direct boot everything.

12. zedzed

zedzed Guest

13. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

I think thats just a fluke. After all not every machine is going to run perfect. I have had mine for 6 months now and its working fine. Has played everything I have thrown at it.

14. zerogod

zerogod Member

i've been getting magic V's from modchip.ca for a while now.. have done a couple installs and mine works fine.. a lot of peoples problems could be due to the soldering job.. 23 wires to solder... 4 wires to the bios' chips pins... so , if u do everyitng right, follow the booting instructions on modchip.ca's website, you shouldn't have a problem