1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic V

Discussion in 'PS2' started by goofey, May 5, 2004.

1. goofey

goofey Guest

i had a friend put in this chip and no it doesnt boot anything real or copys the screen keeps going to "put in a play station or playstation 2 format disc wether its a real game or a copy game any ideas?

2. account

account Guest

did the chip ever work?

if not then it was a bad install and you must either get someone else to install it or try to reinstall it.

3. goofey

goofey Guest

na its been this way sence i got it back

4. modsRus

modsRus Member

Your friend did not do a good job. He should have tested b4 sending back to you. So you have a non-working PS2, right?

That's not cool. If he (your friend) found that it he could not install it, then he should have at least tken it back out for you.

5. goofey

goofey Guest

yea thats about it he didnt know what was up so thats why i here trying to figure it out so i can get it back to him to fix it

6. modsRus

modsRus Member

You gonna send it back to him?

Listen, this can be a very delicate proceedure, and if not very carefull, you can destroy the PS2. If you got money like that, then you should send me some.

Private message me. I may be able to help you out.

7. goofey

goofey Guest

no its going back but he just wanted me to see if i could get so info on what the prob could be

8. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

well it is hard for us to help without knowing what version PS2 - and say - seeing a picture of his install.

I can post a link to a MagicV install in a V7 if that helps else he could refer to some of the installs found here:
    http:/www.cyber-mag.com/station/wired.htm
    or here:
    http://www.ps2newz.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11400

9. goofey

goofey Guest

sorry its a v5 but a little playing around and i can boot ps1 games and even a ps1 back up and a dvd+r movie but nothing with a ps2 game or copy maybe im just not booting this up right can someone please tell me the proceders to load the diff games

10. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

Depends whether the eject or reset point was used for the install:

PS2 games
    1) boot from browser method:
    Hit eject to start station - Insert CD - hit eject - play game.
    2) Boot with reset from standby:
    With game in drive go to standby (hold reset) - then hit reset and allow to load

Booting PS1 games:
    1) With game in drive and in standby - hold reset until blue light comes on then release - allow to boot.

If the eject point has been used - try above but where I said hit reset - hit eject instead.

11. goofey

goofey Guest

still no luck with ps2 games of any sort do you guys think it could be in the install or not

12. account

account Guest

it is definitly the install. unless somehow a fuse blew or he killed a chip but im pretty sure that wont work because of the install.

13. goofey

goofey Guest

could it be a fuse or something easy like that when it still plays ps1 games