1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magic v

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by MNcordia, Mar 26, 2005.

1. MNcordia

MNcordia Member

i did a search and all i could find was stuff about swap magic. i'm not too keen on continuously swapping disks n stuff. i'm also not too keen on soldering, but i'm seeing these clips that make it much easier. but how good are the magic v chips? (i was shopping @ modchips.ca)
    what are some other good least amount of soldering chips that people are using?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

If you want something at the level of magic V go for a DUO2SE it only has 19 soldering points. There's also the DMS4 EZI which uses clips but it will cost you a lot more also, I'm not a big fan of so called clips so I wouldn't suggest just threw it in there to give you some info.

3. doofus14

doofus14 Member

I have a Magic V in a version 7, and it works well. I also tried HDAdvance and it DOESN'T work. (See my other post)

I'd suggest something else if you intend to use HDA or HDLoader with that unit. I'm not sure if the issues are caused by the Magic chip or if it's something else. Good Luck.

4. spyman

spyman Regular member

why not get a chip + install from someone ?

5. MNcordia

MNcordia Member

i might have someone else install it, i have a couple of places in mind... i did some more searching, found out that modchip.ca is really expensive, and the dms4 lite ezi may be the way to go! about 60$ well spent ;)

thanks guys!