1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic v3.1 modchip proper boot

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Carbuncle, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Carbuncle

Carbuncle Member

hi guys... nice to meet ya all... i kinda fot a problem... see i got the magic 3.1 chip installed on my ver 5 console... now i got a paper from the modchip guy... but its lost ... how do i turn off and on the chip?

2. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

I believe Magic 3 has an auto off function, if not I think all you have to do, to turn it off, is Hold the reset button until the boot screen shows.
    to turn on, switch power off, wait a sec or so turn on and Presto chip is on.
    Hope this helps

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  3. cable0

cable0 Member

I searched the web to find the proper boot method and can not get mine to work. Can someone give me an easy step by step as I can get them to work with the swap disks, just not using the chip only.

4. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

Press eject from stand by and insert back up and hold the reset button untill the tray goes all the way in and in stand by. then count 10 seconds. then for ps2 games just hit reset. for dvds hold reset from stand by until the b;ue ejct light comes on. clean ur laser if that doesnt work or it isnt installed right

5. cable0

cable0 Member

thanks, I will try that method and see if it is installed correctly.