1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic3.1 install that wont play some PS1 games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by eppy, Feb 21, 2003.

1. eppy

eppy Guest

I installed the magic3.1 and I know that I got it in right because it plays some PS1 backups and all of the PS2 backups that I put to it. But it will not play Spyro year of the Dragon (PS1) or Crash Team Racing (PS1). Both of which are backups and play on my PS1 with the 7 or 8 wire mod chip. A matter of fact, Spyro starts to boot and them comes up with a big red circle with a red X in the middle and big writing on the screen. I cant read the writing. I am disappointed that my older PS1 mod chip will play the game but won’t work on the magic3.1. It doesn’t make any sense that I don’t have it connected right, I was very through when I installed the chip.

Any ideas, could it be an install problem?

2. eppy

eppy Guest

What no one has any idea on this?

3. jhnbnblzd

jhnbnblzd Guest

they are anti-mod games....belive it or not i don't think there is a chip out for ps2 that will boot those games.......maybe the dms3?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

For those games to work on a PS2, you may have to patch out the anti-mod protection when you dump the CD image to your hard drive.

5. eppy

eppy Guest

But they work on the PS1 with the 8 wire mod chip. You would think that they would implement the same code. Wouldn't you?

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Somehow I don't believe that PS1 stealth mode was at the top of their priorities when they were writing the firmware for the PS2 mods although I agree that it would have been a nice feature. The 8-wire PS1 mods are very effective against anti-mod games. You may just have to resort to switching your mod off in the PS2 and play the originals of those games.