1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic3.1 & Splinter Cell

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bodul67, May 27, 2003.

1. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

Just wanted to let people know that this past weekend I decided to see if my back-up of Splinter Cell worked. It works great - but here is the wierd thing. I am able to save the game without any kind of problems, no ejecting disk before saving, no red screen of death, no freezing. It's amazing since there are alot of treads of people not being able to save without some kind of problem. Just wanted to let you know and if there is some kind of explination for this?

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I read a thread the other day that someone thought that it was the people with the version 7's that had the problem doubble checking

basically you have all of the same equipment that I do except I have a v7

this makes me wonder if everyone with a later version of ps2 play splinter cell with no problems (modded with a magic 3.1) this seems very unlikely but you never know

also bodule can you play may payne or deuce x without it going to the rsod after you try to load a game

3. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

I haven't tried yet, maybe I'll borrow my friends back-up of Deuce X this week and post later on what happens.

4. shopchris

shopchris Member

All these games have problem with V7 installed Magic 3.1, other than V7, no problem at all.
    Max payne, Deus X, Splinter Cell, NBA Shootout 2003, Simpsons Skateboarding, maybe more.

5. ps2xp2

ps2xp2 Guest

so these games on work on a modified ps2 lower the v7. that sucks

6. ps2xp2

ps2xp2 Guest

so these games dont work on a ps2 version lower than v7.
    that sux.
    is there a way to get around this. like some kinda switch

7. c7015

c7015 Regular member

you would need to know the exact spec changes between the v6 and 7 to know what is causing the doubble check

but what concerns me is that if they made this doubble check availible on only the new systems it means that they will be utalizeing it it many more games which sucks for us magic 3.1 owners_X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 v7, DVR-AO5U, Magic 3.1[/small]

Last edited: May 30, 2003