1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnavox ZC352MW8 DVD recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by bratcher, Sep 5, 2007.

1. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Just bought it at a Walmart yesterday for $149. Has an SDTV digital tuner that works with either off air (either analog or digital) or analof/digital cable. I have it hooked to the Motorola cable DVR by it's rear A/V video input plus the tuner is hooked up to an outside TV antenna since Comcast (Houston) doesn't carry all of the local DTV channels such as the other 4 TBN networks, two of the OIN networks, one spanish language PBS DTV channel or a second CW music network called The Tube.

Channel changing takes about 2 seconds as it scans the channel before it finally shows it. Oh & if you load a blank or recorded DVD it takes about 10 seconds to load while whatever TV channel you were watching is displayed. When you stop recording it takes a few seconds for the DVD recorder to write to disc but for me thats not a problem. Basically this is my first DVD recorder & I'm happy with it. So far it can record on 5 different DVD media's I've tried. The recorder will burn on both + or -R and this is what I've tried with it. Some old stock 4x Verbatim, 16x Maxell (Prodisc & Ritek), 16x Imation made by Moser Bour, 8x Imation made by CMC. All of this is -R. I haven't tried any +R media & the recorder will not burn (according to the manual) +R DL media.

Anybody else have one of these? If so what are your comments?

2. juzshoppn

juzshoppn Member

The magnavox ZC352MW8 unit works well - not great. I haven't figured out how to make my dvd's readable on other units. Magnavox support seems limited to a phone call. I also have to reprogram my local channels on a regular basis (this is automated, but never-the-less a pain). There's no fire port. It takes a while to load a DVD (whether it's blank or a movie). All-in-all it's worth the money.

I had an ILO DVD burner prior to this one that blow this away - however that unit burned out just after a year.

3. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Read your manual. It will tell you how to finalize a disc so it will play on other machines. If you don't have a manual then leave a message here & I'll explain how to do it plus tell you how to rurn on auto finalization when the recorder reachs the end of a disc.

As to reporogamming the local OTA DTV channels mine never has that problem. Set it once & it stays set....

4. 1982shawn

1982shawn Member

Hello bratcher.

I bought the same magnavox that you have. I lost the manual long before i tried to learn how to program it to record shows while i am not at home. can you tell me how its done, or recommend where i can get a new manual for the recorder? If i sent you a self addressed stamped envelope would you send me a copy of the manual? I feel stupid having a machine that i dont even know how to use it!!!

Thanks
    Shawn

5. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

juzshoppon

What model ilo. an 04 or 05.
    If an o4 It can be repaired and should be
    What is/was wrong in its operation
    Do you still have it
    If not wanted. It has a value and I would be interested

6. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Send me a private message on the system & I'll give you my full name & address. I'll need yours too & will gladly pay copy & shipping costs. Anything to help!!

7. 1982shawn

1982shawn Member

Bratcher, i sent a private message, i think! Ive only been here a few days and not sure if it actually went through. Could you let me know if it came through or not?

Thanks

Shawn

8. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I got it. Will send a copy of the English part of the manual at my expense next Tuesday.

9. 1982shawn

1982shawn Member

Bratcher, thanks again!

10. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Your welcome. Like I said I'll get the english part out Tuesday. Rest is in Spanish....

11. juzshoppn

juzshoppn Member

Thanks for the replies on this thread. I called the support number (800 605-8610). They were very helpful. On the disc title screen, press stop twice - this will put you in a blank screen where you can press setup and navigate to disc edit and finalize. I found out last week that you can also set up the unit to finalize when the disc is full.

12. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Do you still need me to send the english part of the manual on Tuesday?