1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magnet t.v in ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by debic, May 26, 2007.

1. debic

debic Regular member

hi guys
    has anyone heard of magnet tv suppliers and can they tell me will they work with a replay/ eurovox etc. do they rent their lines from ntl/ chorus. if anyone knows anything that would be great. or if i could get the symbol rate for magnet that would be better. i know a bit about replays and eurovoxs so if i could find the symbol rate i reckon there's no reason why we couldn't get it going. all help welcome.
    thanks

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Magnet offer IPTV via ethernet.
    That is complete different to cable tv.

3. debic

debic Regular member

does that mean that no type of "box" (eurovox/ replay etc) would work on this. i have searched the net but can't fing any info. would you be able to explain what magnet works on. my brother is due to move into a magnet estate and has been told that they can't have sky as the management company won't allow, so we're trying to find him a solution.
    thanks for getting back so quickly.

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you subscribe to magnet you will get a network connection and the tv channels are transmitted via that network.
    There is no chance to hack anything.