1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Main Movie" and "Extras" are the same

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fishbulb, Apr 19, 2005.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

I've noticed on some movies, when i do the initial analysis w/ shrink, that the "Extras" seems to have the actual movie in it. But the movie is still under the "Main Movie" heading also. When doing compression is it safe to compress or replace the extras w/ a still image and not lose quality on the main movie itself or lose it altogether? If anyone has had experience w/ this please let me know. I don't want to end up having to go thru the whole process twice to find out.
    Oh yeah, when I play the disc, the extras only have a few items in them. So I'm not sure why when I analyze the disc that I seem to have the main movie twice.

2. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

I guess an easier way to put it: If I compress the extras or replace them w/ a still image, am I also doing that to the main movie since the actual movie seems to be in both places.

3. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

If you're going to insert a still image anyway, why not just do a reauthor and do the main movie only? You'll have less compression and a better quality back up.

4. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

I usually prefer to keep the extras except for trailers. And I like to keep a working menu.
    Anyway, I did try it using still image on extras and it replaced the main movie w/ a still image also.

5. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

What movie is this that you're having the problem?

6. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

spongebob season 1-disc 1

7. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

That's really odd. I actually did the whole first season a while back and I don't remember having any problems. I did a full back up without any issues. I'll have to take a look and see. I'll let you know what I find out.

8. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

OK. Thanks.