1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main title too long...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jbthegrt, Feb 19, 2007.

1. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

So, I go to re-author my movie(Philosopher's Sone) and I dragged the main title onto the board. It said it was around 7000 mb! This is without any extras or anything how do I fit it on without having to compress to 60%?

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

If after removing all extra content, compression is at 60% and you don't feel comfortable with that, try using dual layer media.

40% of the movie being compressed isn't bad, I'm sure your eyes won't notice. If you're that concerned about video quality, you could try using DVD-Rebuilder v0.98.2.

DVD-Rebuilder v0.98.2
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd-rebuilder.cfm

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  3. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

On 60% I notice a big difference and I don't want to pay all that extra money for a duel layer. Is there no way to fit it on without distortion

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

are u using the quality settings in shrink?
    just like John said dvd-rebiulder is the best for heavy compression rates. although if u use shrink and all the quality settings u shouldn't be able to see that big of a difference.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You could also just split the movie and put it onto two discs (This is what I do with the higher compression movies)

You can do this several ways I for one really like to use CloneDVD2 for this here is a guide 1:1 Bacup w/CloneDVD2 but you can also use DVD Shrink or many others.

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@ Pacman777,

I think u misunderstood my post, i wasn't comparing the difference between using shrink and DVD-Rebuilder,

i meant that 60% compression rate using shrink with all the quality setting shouldn't be that bad of a picture.

reading my post i can see though how u can mistake what i said. i should
    have put, although when using shrink... up at the top of my post, oh well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Bowler
    I think I catch your drift now. I've done Shrink at 60% (best with all Quality Settings checked) and it was okay. I didn't get any skipping. I agree, it's do-able and the output doesn't suffer too much. But in action scenes the image does suffer. I was keying on the quality aspect.

RB takes longer and some people don't like the additional wait. I have a fairly fast dual core, so I don't have as long a wait and I can use the PC while the encode is being done.