1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MainConcept split prob?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by trrkod, Nov 24, 2003.

1. trrkod

trrkod Member

Started using MainConcept solved bit rate problem but when using Muxer to split larger files it works fine with 1st. part but secound part shows up as MPG file with 0 bytes. ie. Set muxer at 600MB for 800MB file the 600 file is fine but the 2nd 200MB shows up as a file with 0 MB. What did I do wrong? I like this encoder Vid & audio are great but this is a prob. ty in advance.trrkod

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t know what the Problem could be but to get arround the Problem you can allways use a Mpeg editor of some sort and cut your Files into Parts, Which would be better because you can choose the scene were you want the cut to happen so it doesn"t get cut in the middle of a good scene..If you PM me with your e-mail I will send you a simpe Mpeg editor to cut your files...Cheers

3. brettski

brettski Member

I have also found Main Concept to be unreliable splitting files (although version 1.4 is better at it than the previous version). I now use TMPGEnc to split my mpeg1 and mpeg2 (vcd and svcd) files. Takes longer, but very reliable plus like was said above, that way you split where you want - I even like to overlap approx. 15 seconds or so.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003