1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

majic 3.1 not working properly please help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by beto1, Jun 30, 2003.

1. beto1

beto1 Member

iv'e checked my soldering points over and over and i see no flaw. mabe there is a point that i over loooked that will not allow me to play dvd back ups on my ps2 ver7. i am using recordnow max 4.6. mabe i should give up on this chip and get a messiah? almost forgot. i am able to play ps1 import games. so the chip is working to some extent.

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

you must have messed up one of your points. For cd games to work you only need a few of the points (i forget the exact number/letter's) but it sounds like you are missing a point or that it is just not a good solder on one of the points try to go over some of them

3. beto1

beto1 Member

ive checked my pionts and even re soldered a couple of them, and i still get the same results. My ps2 is a version7. should i recalibrate the lazer, or could it be that this was a bad chip? my ps2 is about 1 month old.
    i am getting verry frustrated. i opened my ps2 about 7 times to check and re solder some points with no luck. please help!!!

4. psx245

psx245 Regular member

yes, it is probably a fake chip if you think you are soldering correctly.

5. shopchris

shopchris Member

do you have picts of your ps2 installed? maybe you misinstalled some points, maybe you installed point g as h or c & b points to wrong points on your board.

6. beto1

beto1 Member

i'll send pics as soon as possible. actually i'll send them today please get back to me as soon as any one can. my direct e-mail is usa5159@kinkos.com i work for kinkos san leandro ask to speak to the day assistant manager on day mon-fri mornings