1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major DVD Shrink Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Xman2004, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

hi...im having some major problems with DVD Shrink...when i first insert my original DVD for backing up, it always freezes or some sort of error occurs during the 1st step, the Analysing...this has happened to me on numerous accounts and I have tried various methods of overcoming this problem...i reinstalled DVD Shrink, reinstalled my burner, etc...it worked for the first couple of times, but then it just stopped working...and now every DVD I put into my burner freezes at some point during the Analysing or if I'm lucky enough to get past this point, then it freezes during the Encoding process, whether its as 1%, 13%, 45%, 87% or 99%...its really frustrating...i just dont know what to do anymore...can anybody plz help me...thnks in advance

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  2. wild77

wild77 Guest

Is your computer freezing during the initial analysis or deep analysis/encoding?Check your CPU temps and make sure you don't have a heat problem the analysis/encoding pushes your CPU pretty hard.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2004
  3. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

it freezes during both...as i mentioned b4...can some1 plz help on this problem?

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

You do have the latest DVD Shrink?
    Also are you running Norton Anti-Virus? try turning it off if you have it.
    Heat will cause these probs as well, but you seem ok about that.
    Perhaps try DVD Decrypter to copy your movie to the hard drive, it is a little better in some aspects than Srink.

5. wild77

wild77 Guest

You might want to check for conflicting software.I have seen others have trouble with alcohol 120% when using other burning software.Do you shut off all backround programs when burning.Also programs like Nero In CD or Roxio's drag to to disc can mess with the burn process.

6. kishorch

kishorch Member

Xman2004,

I have seen this problem on my computer too. I figured out that if I run Nero Showtime to watch any movie, then after that DVDShrink runs very slow and also throws "Read Errors" during analysing. If I uninstall Nero and then uninstall my DVD Drive from Device Management and restart computer, the problem disappears.

It again appears if I watch a movie. I am assuming that there is some conflict going on between some softwares but I am not sure what it is.

7. wild77

wild77 Guest

8. kishorch

kishorch Member

I fixed my problem couple of days back. In my case, I think it was a problem with the DVD Decoder used by Nero. I uninstalled Nero Showtime and installed another DVD Decoder (from PowerDVD 6). Everything works fine now. I am able to use Windows Media Player 10, DVDShrink etc without any problems. So I guess Nero is the culprit in this case