1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Magic 3.1 concern

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bladestor, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Bladestor

Bladestor Member

www.modchip.ca says that the ONLY official Magic 3.1 is "fire red" in color. The official Magic website www.china-magic.com has a picture of a "blue" chip. Whats going on?

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

The blue chip is a real one also. The blue ones were originally old 3.0's that were flashed w/ the new code and the red ones were produced w/ the code already on them.

3. Bladestor

Bladestor Member

4. RavedoG

RavedoG Guest

hehehe.... dude, this is confusing

5. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

To my knowledge yes they do make clones. But a clone is not bad if it works. But still it is easy enough to get real one. Go to modchipman.com. He is one of my suppliers and I know for a fact that they are real magic 3.1's because I use them.

6. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

Bladestor,
    I ordered my Magic3.1 from modchip.ca this past December with no problems. I got an e-mail from them saying that the chip usually takes about 3 days for shipping, but due to the Christmas season, it would take a little longer. Sure enough about 10 days later I got my chip. Also at the time the chips were Blue with V1-V7 in white on the bios chip, now they are Red with V1-V7 in white on the bios chip. I would order from them again if I had to. Good Luck!

7. jr_

jr_ Guest

The only thing that matters is that the code has the sleep mode. I think I have posted this numerous times.
    The chips are all the same from the same manufacturer. Just off the shelf microcontrollers.

What I would be concerned about with a Magic is there are some games that don't work with version 3.1 and 3.0 may make your system freeze.

8. Bladestor

Bladestor Member

Thats fine and all, but why does China-Magic say they make the official chip when apparantly they make clones? Also, if thats the case, who actually make the official magic?

9. jr_

jr_ Guest

Scenix makes the chip.
    Who came up with the code to program it ?
    Did the 3.1 version come from the same folks that wrote the code for the 3.0?
    Was that the same folks that made the Magic 2?
    I thought it was China-Magic.
    Since the Magic 2 was a cheap imitation of the Messiah I guess the whole Magic series is sort of a clone.
    Well if you find out all these important facts let us know. Might need it for a triva game.

10. ps2xp

ps2xp Guest

China Magic makes the real chips neo asic makes clones and imatations

11. mn_casper

mn_casper Member

also try to see if anything comes with the chip, or is it just the chip itself. Modchip.ca, although a little higher in price than others, sends u some nice multi color wires to use. I would also recommend them

12. argy78

argy78 Guest

Bladestor I think you should buy from modchipman.com they have a really good service and is really cheap.also they dont sell clones. the messiah 2 pro is really cheap here .