1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

major problem backing up 360 game!!! please help!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by GoG8rs, Feb 18, 2007.

1. GoG8rs

GoG8rs Member

i'm having a problem backing up my 360 games. i have a toshiba samsung ms28 drive. i've flashed my xbox 360 with xtreme 5.2b. no problems there.

i'm getting the unrecognizable disk error with every back up i make! original games work fine. i thought it was the speed it was reading at first so i flased with xtreme 5.2b to slow the drive down. i have a HP dvd 840 dvd dl burner and i'm backing my games up with the wxripper hot swap method. i successfully patch the games with ss merger 1.7. i've tried to burn with clonecd AND dvd decryptor. i get the same results with both methods. "unrecognizable disk, 1. disk may be dirty 2. restart console". i'm using verbatim dvd+r dl disks as my media.

i've tried the rubber band trick as i got the open tray error originally. now that i stopped that error, i get nothing but "unrecognizable disk". i've tried burning at 8X, 4X, and 2.4X and get the same deal. i've been through 6 dvd+r dl disks and i'm going broke!!!

please help me out.......i'm desperate here!

ANY help is appreciated! thanks

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Well i dont know about the method you are using but firstly i wouldnt use verbatims if you cant get it to work use something cheaper like memorex. And you might wana try useing img burn to make your back ups. I also use xtream B. As for tips on burning i have the samsung drive and phillip burner so idk

3. GoG8rs

GoG8rs Member

thanks man.....i'll give that a try and let you know.

4. GoG8rs

GoG8rs Member

ok, so i tried burning with different media (memorex dvd+r dl). the game starts to boot and i get the unrecognizable disk error. when it goes back to the dashboard, at the bottom instead of open tray, it says "play game". but i always get the unrecognizable error. i think my firmware is good on the dvd drive. but could it possibly be the firmware? or maybe it's my burner? or maybe even the ss.bin i merged the .iso with? i'm getting my ss.bin from softmod. any suggestions guys?

5. GoG8rs

GoG8rs Member

also i have a samsung dvd-rom flashed with kreon firmware and a pioneer 111d burner on the way.....do you guys think that will help me?

6. mrdrawsy

mrdrawsy Member

hey guys i need help backing up my 360 games i downloaded xbox360_ss_merger and winRAR is that all i need can anyone show me how to do it i would apriciate it

7. mrdrawsy

mrdrawsy Member

can anyone help

8. tomonej

tomonej Member

9. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/
    here are some tutorials on flashing and burning games.
    I know a friend who had a similar error with my Samsung MS28 where it told him somthing like that. And it was the flash. He said something about having to rebuild the flash, and then reflash the drive. Then it worked.

And the Samsung DVD-Rom in the PC is surely the way to do it as far as making back ups from originals. But it will not help you at all with just burning them.

The way i had done it is by following the guide at the above link.
    Used Xbox Backup Creator & Samsung DVD-Rom to rip it from the disc.
    Then used IMGburn V2.1 to burn it to Verbatim DVD+R DL 6X max speed DVD's, I burned them at 4X(remember to set the layer break correctly!!!)
    IMGburn:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

If you're getting to the point where it at least starts to boot before you get the error, then it sounds like you've got a bad burn.

I'd say wait until the 111d and 162c arrive. Then try XBC v2.4 and burn the verbs at 4x. Remember to update the burners firmware.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  11. fgamer

fgamer Guest

On my old 360 I had a Samsung MS25 drive and it lasted me about 3 months before it gave me those errors, (the errors didn't happen until a week after I flased the drive) I don't think the problem is bad burns or anything that's your fault as you'll see when you get the 111D and the Kreon drive. The drive is pretty much no good if it's giving you those errors. After so long my drive got worse and worse and would rarely boot anything originals and backups. The rubberband trick didn't work for me, so you may have to find a way to get another replacement drive and flash it with your key.

12. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

the only time I get those errors is when the SS.bin file is wrong I personally dont download games off the net because they dont usually work I only backed up the games I got and none have ever failed me.

13. jgon371

jgon371 Guest

Did you find a solution for your problem (Flashed MS28 not recognizing backups made using that particular burner)?

14. corc

corc Member

i would suggest u stop using that old method and get your hands on xbox360 backup creator. pretty simple 2 use and will rip all u need into one nice ISO And u can burn straight from there btw make sure u have ur book type set correcttly when burning, could be the problem also,