1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Problem! Help Please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by darthmunk, Aug 23, 2007.

1. darthmunk

darthmunk Member

My computer randomly went to this blue screen (not the blue screen of death) and it told me to unplug any newly installed hardware and reset the computer. It also said "Beginning dump of physical memory" After I reset it, it didnt load and instead loaded a black page that says "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" I turned it off & on again, and it loaded Windows, then the blue screen came up again and the same thing happpened all over again. Anyone know what's wrong?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

possibility the hd is dying

3. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

you might want to get this hard drive in another computer, back up all the data, then put it back in the old computer and try re-install windows after doing a full-format (will kill all data on the HDD). Then if it keeps happening ddp could be right.

4. darthmunk

darthmunk Member

The weird thing is that this Hard Drive is fairly new. I just got it in January. This disk boot failure thing has happened a few times before too, but it usually loaded windows after I reset it a few times.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Doesn't mean it's not faulty, I've had two hard drives stop working in a matter of days.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

doesn't matter if new or old, everything dies eventually, sometime sooner then they are supposed to.

7. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

What model is it darthmunk? Could be the HDD going bad, too much heat in your case casuing it to act up, etc., etc.

I would back up your data just in case as others have stated. Then run the mfg hdd diag on it. I too have had brand new hdd's fail on me and I have had ones that the MB and HDD just didn't get along!