1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

major problem ripping - please help!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by doublem, Jun 8, 2003.

1. doublem

doublem Guest

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me out here bcos this one has got me stumped. used to be able to rip DVDs no problem using DVD decrypter, but now whenever i try to rip a DVD, the audio does not come across with some of the VOB files. Then, when i try to use DVD2AVI to convert the VOB files, it refuses to do so, instead i just get a blank screen and it instantly says the file is complete, without even trying. please help!

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

never heard of that one before....

After you have ripped your vobs - is the audio present if you try and play them individually with powerdvd etc?

If it is - then something is amiss with your dvd2avi process.

If there not - this would stump me aswell.

Have you tried smartripper, and does it do the same?

Could be a setting thing but could it have anything to do with the audio maybe not located at the default id - 0x80. and at another id.

Ripp the complete disc and try it that way.

If I come up with anything else I'll let you know...

3. doublem

doublem Guest

well see heres the thing - when i play the vob files in powerDVD, some have audio and some dont. ive tried ripping the whole DVD, still the same. I've also tried ripping just the sound thread, but it coems out as a vob file with sound and a blank screen.