1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAJOR problems burning ISO

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Phreezer, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Phreezer

Phreezer Guest

I use Nero 5.0 w/a Cendyne Lightning 2. I have burned ISOs maybe, 20 times. My friend passed me the ISOs of all three Quake games and asked me to burn him some backups. Here comes the problem. When I FILE>BURN IMAGE>QUAKE3.ISO it says the header is wrong. After toying around with the header size and burning in all possible combinations, when the cd is done burning, windows says the cd is in an unknown format! nero is the only program i know of that supports my RW drive. Please help!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

there are different isos! were the isos definatly made with nero?

as there is another program that uses its own iso format!

and also were they burnt right at first? did ya mate try them after? mode 1 or mode 2?

Thx,,,

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Dont forget to specify sector sizes too

4. Phreezer

Phreezer Guest

Well, I don't think they're Nero ISOs. I've tried EVERY possible configuration of mode, sector size, and header. Oh and he used the original CDs to make the ISOs. He claims he doesn't remember what program he used. What's the other program that uses (its own type of) ISO?

NOTE: I can't open the ISO files in winRAR, so they're DEFINITELY not Nero.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2003
  5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

at this moment i cant remember the other program but its out there! something like easy cd creator?

but we can go another way so dont panick! get a program called ISOBUTER or WINISO or WINIMAGE which can extract all files from the iso!

then stick them in a folder and burn with your fav program or the program needed say for game backups?

NOTE!

dont forget the volume label needs to be right! case sensitive! when burning!

6. Phreezer

Phreezer Guest

Ah yes! Easy CD Creator (which does not support my drive)! These ISOs must be ISO 13408 or something. I'm getting ISO Buster right now. I'll keep you updated. Thanks man!

Hmmm, burned to high-speed 12X CD-RW, doesn't autorun, can't access it. I'll try again, this time CD-R.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2003
  7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Open the ISO up in CDMage to get the Mode type and sector size
    2. Burn using CDRWIN5.005. (Make sure you specify the mode and sector size :D)