1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major problems with SmartRipper (Searching for key forever)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Monnnster, May 12, 2003.

1. Monnnster

Monnnster Member

SmartRipper worked perfectly for the first few days I used it. After installing CopyToDVD (and a new hard drive) so I could burn DVD's straight from DVD2one, I noticed that my SmartRipper now takes forever to search for a key on every vob and always ends up saying "No keys found to this encrypted file! Take the last valid key?", to which I say "Yes". It takes hours and hours to rip DVD's this way, requiring my constant attention. I figure CopyToDVD messed with my ASPI, causing this issue. Am I even close? I need help!

2. jimjones

jimjones Member

I'm having a similar problem trying to decode a DVD (into seperate chapter files) I get the message "No keys found" - I've tried playing the dvd first with powerDVD, and still the same error. Also - when I start smart ripper, it says no aspi access to the files, which usually is not a problem. Ahhh! I need help.

3. Monnnster

Monnnster Member

Get DVDDecrypter. I fixed my problem.

4. jimjones

jimjones Member

fixed mine as well - thanks

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

In DVD Decrypter there is a setting in options to turn on 'IGNORE READ ERRORS' !!
    You both might want to select that check-box

6. jimjones

jimjones Member

what exactly does 'IGNORE READ ERRORS' do? Does it degrade the quality or the rip at all?

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

1) Ignores read errors , for example if there are slight scratches and it would have a problem ripping it..it doesn't if checkbox is selected

2) No , not as far as I know of.

8. Monnnster

Monnnster Member

Or just use DVDDecrypter to do stuff SmartRipper has problems doing. Easy.

9. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

ASPI stands for Advanced SCSI Programming Interface. Originally developed by Adaptec. It is a software layer that enables programs to communicate with SCSI (and ATAPI) devices

because your DVD ROM drive is an atapi device the installation of copy2dvd messed with it therefore causing an extended search for valid encrypted key best thing to do is either continue using DVD decyptor or update the ASPI to the ltest release version thats compatible for the smartripper program