1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major PS2 online problem, help appreciated

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rac3rzeke, Feb 19, 2007.

1. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

alright ive been having major ps2 online difficulties for the last 6 months, i have not been able to have my ps2 online work for 2 weeks straight ever.... -.-

I have a ativa office depot router and ive tried tweaking with everything including: adding dmz to ps2 after i gave the ps2 a ip manually, mac address filtering, disabling every firewall on my computer, enabling upnp on my computer, everything!

nothing works at all.... any help appreciated :(

2. steimy

steimy Active member

First you need to post the network settings on your PC and PS2
    Without those it is hard to see if anything could be wrong.
    Plus does your router use security? If so you have to take that into account when setting up the PS2.
    Also some PC's require you to enable connection sharing in order to have two devices use the connection, should not have to with a router but you never know.

Also is this being done through a cat5 ethernet cable, or wireless.

More information would be really helpful.

3. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

everything is wired, and im using ethernet cable

network setting what do you mean?

and im using two computers on one connection and they both work so i dont think it would be a problem with 2 using same internet?

4. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

I think it may have something to do with my computer because a lot of times my AIM signs on and off uncontrollably every minute and my firefox downloads just freeze.... then the next day they work it makes me so mad it's so inconsistent

5. steimy

steimy Active member

are you running any sort of firewall program that could be vlocking stuff? Like Zonealarm? I have heard that these can cause real conflicts with a lot of internet based programs.

6. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

nope no anti virus at all