1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAJOR PSP PROBLEM PLEASE HELP! (HOMEBREW & ISO & UPDATING)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by RiPPERD, Jan 8, 2007.

1. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

Ok For weeks i have been tryin to get this bloody psp to play backups and homebrew.

i had a version 2.71 got homebrew to work after a week!

downgraded to 1.50 homebrew played ok but couldnt get it to play backups or my original games!

stupidly upgraded to 2.60 (NEVER DO THIS!) couldnt find a downgrader without using GTA:LCS UNPATCHED! so now done official update to 3.03 from yourpsp.com but now cant play any homebrew or upgrade to 3.03OE-A or B?

Can someone please give full guide to upgrade to 3.03OE-B and how to then play homebrew, ISO's and PSX game PLEASE! its driving me insane! been tryin to get this to work since XMAS! thanks in advance.
    RiPPER D

2. gzach

gzach Regular member

updating to 3.03 was the stupidest thing you could have done, there is no homebrew support ofr this and you cant downgrade, you'll have to wait for an extremely long time, sorry

3. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

When you upgraded to 2.6, you should have then just upgraded to 2.71 then back down to 1.5, however as already stated, it is now too late I'm afraid.

4. djopus

djopus Guest

hi guys, first off, can i just say what a helpful site this has been to me, just got a quick question, i have game iso's, but when i place them into iso folder and try to play them nothing happens, i have umd emulator 08, devhook 45, devhook 22, fastloader 7, but still cannot get game to play, just freezes!!!!can anyone help????

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

What ?

First, what firmware are running ?

6. djopus

djopus Guest

i am running on 1.50

7. schinis

schinis Member

djopus... I've got the same problem.... I only just downgraded from 2.71 just a couple of weeks ago.... As i was excited to use homebrew and run backed up iso's it just freezes whille loading.... It's not possible that all the iso's iv tried out dont work.... I've tried at least 20 different games but still cant get the bloody psp to run iso's....

Someone please help!!! I can only run my original UMD's using emulated 3.01 firmware with devhook 1.51.....

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!

8. djopus

djopus Guest

i know, have tried all software but still had no joy, can get some to work, burnout, wipeout, but most others refuse to go!!!!

9. schinis

schinis Member

the only thing i managed to play on my psp is Virtua world tennis tour and killzone revelations.... After i formated my memory stick not even those wont get emulated... im in such a desperate need of help man!!.. I'v just had enough with my PSP.... I upgraded yesterday to 2.71SE and it it crashed when opening my game folder through the psp.... Iv had a fit, but then i realised i can go back to 1.5 safely using the recovery file provided with the necessary files to put the 2.71SE FW

10. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

updated to 3.03? that sucks...

11. grokki

grokki Member

wow just upgrade to 3.02 oea ... it will work

12. schinis

schinis Member

is it good? im thinking of putting it, but its risky

13. grokki

grokki Member

no its not risquy just use a easy installer

14. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

So what ya sayin is that there is no way to flash it back to 2.71 or anything!!??

i couldnt get much to work wit 2.71 either and i never been able to get iso's to run?

PLEASE someone help its the worst thing that ever happnd!

15. blade003

blade003 Guest

sorry no homebrew for 3.03 you will be waiting for an extreamly long time for a downgrader

@djopus that software you got is extreamly old, get the latest devhook and then see if it works

16. schinis

schinis Member

Hey guys, i finally decided to install the new 3.03 OE-A, works fine, but cant get most of my iso's to run..... when i put them in the directory, X:/ISO/ i just cant see most of the games on my memory stick when i go to PSP - memory stick..... what can i do?? Can i change my settings through the recovery option so i can see and use them??.... thanks for any help....

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  17. FragXpert

FragXpert Member

I have the exact same problem..... are you using DevHook? I tried .51 & .52 .... but both are not able to play most iso's. I tried Scarface, GTAVC, GTALC, SmackDown VS. Raw ..... but all failed to load. The ones that worked were Ghost & Gobblins, NFS Most Wanted, MOH. I think that DevHook is the problem, I can run themw/out devHook & get the same results!

18. Xithon

Xithon Member

For those of you who say your ISO's freeze when they try to load, what exactly happens?

NOTE: You MUST have dumped the correct (official) firmware that you want to emulate (DH 0.51 can handle FW 3.0, DH 0.51 BETA can handle FW 3.01 or 3.02 depending on which installation you used and DH 0.52 can handle FW 3.03, the latest FW) before you can possibly emulate any FW, meaning you won't be able to play ISOs or use devhook if you don't have the right FW dumped to your memory stick. Please realise, when I say dump the official FW, I DO NOT MEAN UPDATE YOUR PSP'S FIRMWARE.

ALSO NOTE: You MUST also have a UMD inserted into your PSP's drive in order to play ISOs. I know it sounds weird, but ISOs won't load if no UMD is in the drive.

Here's a run through of how to get devhook (should be most versions, I'm using 0.51) to run isos after installing devhook correctly and putting a ISO into the PSP/ISO folder.

First, goto the Game menu, go down to the memory card option and select devhook (NOT the installer if you've already installed it)

Once devhook has loaded, you should get a screen with a menu on with several options. Go down to 'Firmware' and press circle then select the firmware you have dumped earlier by pressing circle again.

You should return to the menu you saw earlier, from here goto the option which says something like 'ISO emulation' or 'UMD' or something (I think it's the second selection) and press circle, then goto 'ISO emulation' and press circle again. Choose the ISO you want and press circle again.

When you're back in the menu, you can either choose to change the clock speed for overclocking if you wish (internet won't connect at all if you select anything other than the default, so I'd leave it if you plan to use the internet). I don't suggest you mess with any of the other settings unless you know what you're doing, so go to the top selection 'Start Devhook' and press circle.

Your PSP should reboot and you should be in the firmware you selected in devhook. Close the little devhook menu if it pops up when your PSP loads up and goto the game section. Wait for a few seconds and the ISO should pop up as a UMD, run the game and ta da! Should be working.

Sometimes the ISO doesn't load and the PSP will crash after the 'PSP' screen before loading the game. Don't worry, just turn your PSP back on and do all that again (run devhook, change firmware etc...).

I can assure you (unless something went wrong) that your ISO will run eventually, some ISOs will crash to begin with more than others, but with all ISOs I've tried loading, they've all worked within 3 or less attempts. Keep trying and see what you get.

I hope that helps. If, by any chance you need information on getting a dump for the FW you need, I'm afraid I can't help as my guess would be as good as yours on finding them (because I can't remember how I got mine...). Try Googling easy installers or I recommend looking on trusted sites such as www.psp-hacks.com and/or http://dl.qj.net/

Good luck guys.