1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAJOR PSP PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by liquid420, Feb 18, 2007.

1. liquid420

liquid420 Member

Im getting really frustrated with this firmware so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have one of the very first generation psp's that came out, and I was running the original 1.5 (never updated),fyi. Anyway, I installed the oe-a then oe-b firmware and it ran like a champ, few days later started to get problems. Recently updated to oe-C. Problems persist. (Gone back and forth to 1.5 to oe-c 3 times)

#1 - I turn on my psp and i can not get into ANY sub-menus (ie-photo, settings, saved data). It makes the noise that I have pressed the button, but it wont work. Have to hard reset, sometimes twice for it to work or have to remove battery. (happens often)

#2 - While in my psx emulator playing either RE1 or FF7, if I enter the home menu, and then try to cancel out after adjusting buttons,screen etc. the whole thing freezes and crashes. Have to hard reset, lose all progress.

#3 - Playing FF7, I have made it a good way.(Shinra building to meet red 13) I had no problems saving at all until now. I can not save anymore. No matter how far i get and save, it does not write to the card, and always remembers my last save stuck on floor 64. Driving me nucking futs!!

#1- glitch or bug?
    #2- bad install of firmware?
    #3- SanDisk issue?

Im currently doing a freash downgrade and re-upgrade, we'll see what happens.....

(24 min later)

Houston, we have a problem.

Well, i think im fked. I used the "D_Alex recovery file" and made it back to 1.5, but now I have more issues. not only new problems, but #1 is happening ALL THE TIME NOW.

MY new problem is this.... Everytime I do a "restore default settings" the system restarts and gives me the usuall menu
    (language, time, etc.) now here is the werid part...If i hit X the menu moves just fine, if i hit "Right" to move along the menu, the fkin thing gives me the internal error message (80082731)and(8008273A), and the blue screen of death to follow. Now this doesnt only happen to me if I restore default settings, it will happen if I go in almost ANY sub menu. (system settings, format stick, whtever)

After restart, the language time menu comes again, and same problem. After the 2nd time, the thing restarts, without a problem, but then #1 happens over and over and over. 4 restarts and battery pulls later, it works. only untill another random restart though. I think my internals got fried somehow. I honstly dont know how this happened, as I have always been "OVER CAUTIOUS" with all my firmware hacks. I honestly never wanted to do this stuff because I was affraid something like this would happen, but I can only thank myself. This is my last effert to try to get help, ive posted on other forums with no luck.

I think at this point I am considering contacting sony. No matter what I do to downgrade or upgrade, I get the same results. I do have a question though. Can someone explain very simply what the difference from usb flash0 and usb flash1 is and what it does. I only read the basics as all i wanted to do was play psx and homebrew. just want to know what I missed. Dont know exactly what these are. Thanks for all your help in this matter fellaz, and I hope no one shares my fate...

LiQuiD :-(

2. liquid420

liquid420 Member

OFFICIALLY F$%@ED

Well all hope is now lost..

I reverted back to 1.5...again. I then tried to install 3.10 oe-a. After it intsalled, it said press X for it to shut down. After 4 minutes, it still was on, so i cold reset it. Never worked again, offically bricked. CAnt get **** to come up. Recovery menu wont come up either.I hope this proves that still being safe can still brink your psp. Im pissed.[/color]