1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Push Button Fliptop Problem!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by D1anonly, May 22, 2004.

1. D1anonly

D1anonly Member

I recently purchased and installed my new push button fliptop it worked great but there was always a scratching noise when the disc would speed up. Upon further inspection I realized that the metal tension hinge for the filptop was scratching the tops of all my discs. It was either do something or damage every disc I put in my machins so I removed the tension hinge and it stopped scratching my discs. My problem now is that the back-ups work everytime no problem but the thicker originals seem to make a loud noise and spin out of control causing crashes and freezing during game intros and FMVs. The backups I am using are noticably thinner than the original game discs so I think the weight has something do with my problem but do you all have any suggestions on how to fix this nigthmare???All back-ups no originals ARG!!!!

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

so u steal games when u don't have originals???

3. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

psx245

I think he's trying to say he can only play backups, no originals will play, try not to be so hasty to get cocky with noobies.

d 1anonly (chesny hawks fan?)

removing the tentioner shouldn't cause any prob's as the white disk on the lid is magnetised and should hold the disk in place in the same way as it does on non-button flip tops, try weighting the top down, if that don't work then you'll just have to back up all your originals, which is the idea of a backup anyway (ahem)