1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Shrink problems.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by levi333, Feb 11, 2005.

1. levi333

levi333 Member

Heres the story, ill try to be detailed and short.
    Ive been using DVD Shrink 3.1 and Nero 6 for about 5 months, very few problems, nothing to complain about.
    Been using my HP 300i DVD+RW writer, again, problem free.
    Just got a faster burner (Sony DW-D22A-B2). Installed it as my slave drive to the HP.
    I put in a DVD, and open it. Usually it anylizes it, but doesnt now, odd. I go to back up, and it starts encrypting. Usually takes 20 min or less, now its saying about 10 hours or more. (thought i could leave it alone, and it would go down to normal, but it didnt.)
    So basically the encrypting part is screwing up. Tried both burners, same problems with both.
    Tried switching the burners, master, slave, etc.
    Re-installed both Shrink and Nero, didnt change anything. Used decryptor, then shrink, same super slow encrypting.

ANY help would be very cool. I know im new, but if you can fix this, ill try to stick around and become a real member.
    thanks a bunch, Levi

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

Then faster burner should be set to master and the slower one should be the slave.Also check in Windows Device manager to see if your drives are in[bold]DMA Mode[/bold]or[bold]PIO Mode[/bold] They need to be in DMA or you will get slow rip and burn times.

3. levi333

levi333 Member

Where do i get to the windows device manager?
    Sorry, im not finding it.

Thanks

4. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

5. levi333

levi333 Member

found device manager.
    i think the second guy copied the wrong link.

6. levi333

levi333 Member

Cant seem to figure out which modes the drives are in, or how to change them.

7. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

8. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  9. levi333

levi333 Member

Its helpful, but im still not finding how to change the mode. Im not seeing anything under details that has DMA or PIO. I think ill try uninstalling both drives, go from there.

10. levi333

levi333 Member

Uninstalled, reinstalled, didnt change a thing.

Switched them, so the faster drive is the master and slower is slave.

11. bluto1940

bluto1940 Guest

levi333
    Here you go try this thanks to scubapete.
    To enable DMA mode using the Device Manager
    1. Go to "My Computer, ""System Tools," "View System Information," then System Properties, "Hardware," Then Open Device Manager
    2. Double-click IDE ATA//ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels.
    3. Right-click the icon for the channel to which your burner is connected and select Properties. Now click the Advanced Settings tab.
    4. In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select DMA if available if the current setting says, "PIO Only."
    If the drop-down box already says, "DMA if Available" but the current transfer mode is PIO, then the user must "toggle" the settings. That is, change the selection from "DMA if available" to PIO only, and click "OK".
    Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to "DMA if available".

OPTION: Right-click the burner and select "Uninstall" and then "OK" all prompts until the PC reboots. Upon rebooting, the PC should "find" your burner and reinstall it setting it by "Default" to DMA.

12. wild77

wild77 Guest