1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make a movie with only VOB files?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DanGuy104, Feb 25, 2005.

1. DanGuy104

DanGuy104 Guest

Hey Guys,

I have a DVD coster that will not play in a DVD player. It does have a bunch of files on it. If I copy the VOB files and open them with Power DVD the movie plays fine. How can I take the 4 VOB files and create a new movie with them. DVD shrink will not recognize them.

Dan Guy

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Did you ask Shrink to "open files"? If so it may not work in this setting. But you may want to try clicking "Re-author" first, before you do anything else. Then browse to the location of your VOB files. If Shrink recognizes them, backup either as an ISO image or as VIDEO_TS folder, depending upon which program you choose for burning.

3. DanGuy104

DanGuy104 Guest

Shrink does not recognize the VOB files alone. It is looking for VIDEO_TS.IFO I tried putting in the IFO and BUP files from another movie. It then says the data is corrupt. Any Ideas?

4. craigja

craigja Guest

you can get a proggie called ifoedit and i am pretty sure it will create IFO's for you. I used it to get 2 vobs to play as a full movie. Have a look on the afterdawn forums, i am sure thats where i found the info. Sorry i have not got more info that this but it was a couple of years ago now!! If you cannot find out anything let me know and i will see what i can do.

5. DanGuy104

DanGuy104 Guest

Thanks Craigja,

IFOEdit worked great. After reading the example on there website it was a breeze.

Dan Guy